Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Gardening: A peak at peonies.





Last fall, I divided my peonies into four plants each so the existing four plants would make 16 new plants, making sure that each plant had at least five tubers on the new plant.


Well look what is peaking through the tulips!!



Pretty peonies, like these, will soon abound throughout my new flower beds. I know, I know, they may not flower this year. Peonies take their time, like young girls coming into womanhood. And I am happy to let them have their time. They are worth it.



Again, my hard work in the fall is starting to pay off this spring!! Don’t worry, I will remind you when and how to divide your peonies this fall so you can have pretty peonies all over your yard.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Cynthia, this is such an informative post. I have a peony bush that needs dividing, so I'll wait for your go ahead in the fall. Peonies always remind me of the Prom. When I was in high school, my mom would have a huge vase of peonies on our piano and she always took prom pictures by the vase of peonies.
    Don't they have the most divine smell? I can't wait till mine are in bloom- I have a table planned using them.
    Thanks again for the great info!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would still love to share my tulip picts, but I can't find your email. I know it must be on your blog. I also would like to know how you organize your receipes. I am thinking of purchasing some receipe software.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you posted on peonies. I would like to plant some of my own and have no idea how. I have plenty of bulbs through out my yard, but did not know that peonies were a perenial, nor did I know they were tubulars. Do you have any suggestions on where I would purchase them and how to care for them?
    Thanks so much!!
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea,

    My email is hctubb@yahoo.com. I would love to show your pictures. Also, I organize my recipes in Word documents and folders. That way, I don't have to worry about updating software and I love to share recipes with friends. If I had a recipe program, they may only be able to see it if they had the program.

    Hope that helps.
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will anxiously wait your tutorial. I have never divided mine and they need it. Mine are up about 2 feet now.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia