Saturday, May 15, 2010

An Accomplished Woman…. or a woman moving forward

Recently, I had a friend tell me that I was weird. She has never met anyone like me…. Now I wanted to know what she meant by that… she was laughing so I am sure she meant it as a compliment but what a weird compliment.

Her response was that she never met anyone who moved forward as much as I did. Nothing stopped me and I always have a lot of projects going on… all of which I seemed to finish.

Well, that did give me something to ponder. A woman moving forward!!! I guess that phrase pretty well sums me up. I never dwell on yesterday. I never dwell on the past. Now, I am not saying that is a good thing or positive thing. But an interesting observation.

Engagement Party

I mean… I look like a determined bad ass…..

If I could change this characteristic… what would I wish for? One of my favorite ladies is Laura Bush. She is gentile, pleasant and able to enjoy the moment.

What type of woman are you?

6 comments:

  1. I love Laura Bush......I guess I'm a nurturing woman...I tend to try to take care of everyone...and but my things on the back burner...I'm working on that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also admire Laura Bush! I never really thought about what kind of woman I am. I know I am never bored!
    Blessings,
    Lorilee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cynthia, All I have is weird friends, and I am sure they think I am wierd too. When you get past the facade and really get to know someone we are all a little funny! I think that is why I love my friends so. I embrace the weird in everyone.

    Your friend gave you such a wonderful compliment.... an woman moving forward. We should all be like that. Determined and strong willed in the right direction.

    And you could not have picked a better person to want to emulate than Laura Bush. I just got her wonderful book. A truely lovely human being, and a athentic lady.

    Great post!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am confident on the outside and a scared, nervous, fragile kitten on the inside. It confuses people ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That IS a compliment ... always moving forward. I am getting to that place, but it has not always been that way. :o) I guess because my life got off to a rough start, so I would hyper analyze it to death. I'm over it now! :o) Let's do some living I say! :o)
    I asked my family this question ... my daughter said, "I am quiet and gentle but can be strong when I need to be." Interesting answer ... she's my rebel. My son says I'm "loving." My husband says I am "strong yet delicate." Hmmm! This was an interesting question to ask my family. :o)
    Have a great weekend!
    Sincerely ~ Trish

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I grow up I want to be a determined bad ass like you! Just sayin'!

    I think I am a strong, courageous, loving, kind, generous, creative woman. At least most days until I have a run in with a teenager. (Hee. Hee.)

    Love you, weird friend!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia