Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Bridal Shower Appetizers – Less is More

My family will tell you that I make lots of food for parties. That was the case until last year. Our Christmas Eve party was lovely but I had cooked so much that I did not enjoy Christmas due to exhaustion. So one of my New Year’s Resolution was to make entertaining more fun for everyone. Although I can cook wonderful food, I do not need to make everything I know how to make for every party. I am going with the LESS IS MORE attitude in entertaining. This philosophy means that while you are making less food, the food has to be special.

The recent bridal shower we held had four, You heard right, four appetizers.



Roasted Shrimp and Cheese Grits


010

I scooped the cheese grits into these 2 oz servers and placed one shrimp into the cup. The shrimp matches the color theme of the party. I placed a cup filled with spoons next to the appetizer.

Savory Palmiers

036

If you are only making four appetizers, they had to be perfect. I tested these two weeks ago and they were great. Also, these were a big hit of the party.

Spinach Artichoke Dip

028


A cheese ball with an assortment of crackers.


011-1


Pink lemonade and a combination of orange and cranberry juices.


013


Followed by a sit down lunch with Cobb Salad.


cobbSalad

All the ingredients could be made a head of time. At the last minute, we dressed the lettuce and lined up all the salad items. We had all the salads out to the guest in minutes, with two Italian breadsticks.

I am linking up to Michael's Foodie Friday. She has a fabulous blog. You should check her out.

6 comments:

  1. You made a sit down lunch? I bow down to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks yummy...I'm trying to do that also...entertaining should be fun for the host also....I scaled back for the baby shower...and it worked out great...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! My philosophy on entertaining? I just don't do it ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great!! Love the idea of salad for lunch! Hope you're doing okay and are healing nicely, without too much pain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, why do I feel like your simple is still way beyond MY simple? Hee. Hee.

    And those shrimp and cheese grits -- what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making things ahead is the only way to entertain! Your shower looked beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia