Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cooking: Antipasto

For Mother's Day, I wanted a sweet family dinner with no crowds and no one having to cook. So I made this dish.

Easy and elegant with hardly any effort at all.

Antipasto can be whatever you like but here is how we made ours.

Start with a big platter.



Toss some salad greens, we used spring salad. Drizzled vinagrette in the lettuce.



Roll some Italian meat onto the platter... proscuitto, capicola, and Italian Salami. I added marinated artichoke hearts in the center.



Next, I added marinated mushrooms, broccoli, tomatoes, roasted garlic and mozzarella cheese.


I found some soft brie, topped with a little fig preserves and farmers cheese.


Lastly, I added dried figs for a sweet touch.



Finished and ready for the table.

I added grapes with an assortment of bread and crackers.

A bottle of wine


And you have a wonderful dinner that everyone can pick what they like. No cooking but a little assembly required.



I am linking to Foodie Friday over at Designs by Gollam. She has another fabulous week of recipes.

3 comments:

  1. Perfect! Great idea for a busy summer meal too ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. smart girl...that's my kind of meal...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great for a Summer Sunday dinner. Thanks so much for making it look like a piece of cake!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia