- 1lb crabmeat
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 egg
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp. old bay seasoning
- 1/2tsp. dry mustard
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl (don't get carried away with bread crumbs, just enough to hold cakes together). Make into patties and fry in butter -- for lower fat use cooking spray.
Garden Lettuce Salad
Breakfast for dinner
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 pickled jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons of Chipotle chile powder
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 lbs of pork butt shoulder roast, trimmed of excess fat
- Hamburger buns
1 Purée all of the sauce ingredients (everything except the bay leaf, the pork and the buns) in a blender until smooth.
2 Put bay leaf, and pork into a crock pot with a small amount of water. Cover with the sauce mixture. Cook for 8 to 12 hours.
3 Remove from heat and cool pork. When cool, remove the pork from the sauce and shred into small pieces. Set aside.
4 Meanwhile, Reduce the sauce by two thirds. Add the pork to the sauce. Salt to taste. Remove bay leaf before serving. Serve hot over open-face hamburger buns.
Lemon Curd Tarts with whipped cream
Feta Corn on the Cob
- 4 ears sweet corn, husked and silks removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lime, juiced, plus 1 lime, quartered, for garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
Rub the corn with olive oil and season with seasoning salt, to taste. Grill the corn until it's charred, on all sides, rotating for about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix the mayonnaise, chili powder, cayenne, lime juice and salt and pepper, to taste, together in a small bowl. Remove the corn from the grill and brush the hot corn with the mayonnaise mixture. Arrange on a platter and sprinkle with the feta cheese. Serve with lime wedges on the side.
Pound Cake with strawberries and whipped cream
Grilled Chicken Breasts with peach glaze
Spicy Peach Glaze:
- 2 cups peach preserves or jam
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small jalapeno, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 chicken breasts
- 4 ripe peaches, cut in half and pitted
Combine Spicy Peach Glaze ingredients in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Reserve 1/2 cup.
Preheat grill. Brush the chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place skin-side down and cook for 6 to 7 minutes, until golden brown. Turn over and continue cooking for 5 to 6 minutes. Brush both sides with the peach glaze and continue cooking an additional 4 to 5 minutes.
Place peach halves, cut side down on the grill and grill for 2 minutes. Turn over and brush with the reserved 1/2 cup of peach glaze, grill for 3 to 4 more minutes until peaches are soft.
Grilled Potato Wedges
Vanilla Ice Cream