Since I will be cooking all week for the bridal shower, I want to make quick and tasty dinners.
- Monday: BBQ Chicken Pizza with red onion and Gouda cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound chicken
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- Flour, for dusting surface
- 1 pizza crust
- 1 and 3/4 cup shredded Gouda
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a small bowl, toss chicken with 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce. Set aside.Spread remaining barbecue sauce evenly over pizza dough. Sprinkle Gouda, mozzarella, onions, and chicken over top. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese bubbles. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and cut into pieces.
- Tuesday: Crab Cakes, garlic mashed potatoes and sauteed green beans
- 1 pound crabmeat, picked free of shells
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 green onions (green and white parts), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- Favorite dipping sauce, for serving
In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients, except for the flour and peanut oil. Shape into patties and dust with flour.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, carefully place crab cakes, in batches, in pan and fry until browned, about 4 to 5 minutes. Carefully flip crab cakes and fry on other side until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Serve warm with preferred sauce.
- Wednesday: My son's birthday.... Out to celebrate
- Thursday: Apricot Glazed Chicken, wild rice and a green salad
1/4 c. apricot preserves
1 tbsp. grated onions
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. dry mustard
- Friday: Out with Hubby to celebrate his birthday
- Saturday: BBQ Ribs, new potato salad and baked beans
- Sunday: Mother's Day.... I hate restaurants on Mother's Day. So we are having a huge Antipasto Salad.