Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Paper Crafting: Bridal Shower Favors

My go-to Bridal Shower favors are my big sugar cookies. I love them and so does everyone else.
2005_0717Image0003
100_0510
300 copy
But as a wedding gift, I am making the cookies for their wedding favors. Well, now what am I going to make. Given the bridal colors of pink, orange and brown… I searched and searched for ideas.
And then I came across these pins….
flowerpin
They are from Linda and Harriet’s, they are paper and made from scraps of their stationary. They are also $24 a piece. While I loved them, I knew I could make them… to match the bride’s colors and add a twist of my own.
First, we had to locate chipboard in the bride’s colors.
056
I used my Cricut to cut flowers in different sizes.
073
Once the flowers were cut in 3 inch, 2 1/2 inch and 2 inch diameters, I glued them together from largest to smallest.
076
I also bent the petals of the pin upward.
082
Next, I found these cute buttons.
063
And glued one in the middle of the flower.
087
Next I glued a pin back to the back of the flower. And while these pins are very cute, I still wanted a cute way to present them.
083
So I found the tiniest flower pots and Styrofoam balls that would fit in the flower pot. First, I had to spray the white Styrofoam balls green.
166
After the balls had dried
168
I lined a flower pot with a bead of hot glue and placed all the balls into the pots.
169
Next, I twisted half a pipe cleaner into a flower stem. Pinned the flower onto one end of the pipe cleaner. Punched a hole into the Styrofoam ball and put the other end of the pipe cleaner into the pot and Styrofoam ball.
29041_811933596495_9405104_45256834_6261038_n

And every table place had a pin and pot.
 014

I think everyone liked their flower!!

29041_811933601485_9405104_45256835_4700843_n
I am happy the way they turned out and would totally make them again.. how cute would they be for a baby shower?

3 comments:

  1. very cute idea....it would work great for a baby shower also...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynthia, The bride and all the guest must have been thrilled. What a labor of love.

    Such a nice favor... one that is yummy and personal. I love how you have them displayed too!

    And your little flower pins in the pots are a darling favor for the shower.

    You have put so much thought and work into these lovely gifts for the bride, groom and all their lucky guests!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, you need your own TV show or magazine! I'm serious, these ideas you come up with are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia