Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Total Knee Replacement - Day 2


GeoTagged, [N35.95331, E83.94223]

Although this looks good, it really isnt. Don't worry, we brought plenty of snacks.

So I thought I would share what happens after knee replacement. 5 hours after surgery, the physical therapist comes to take you for your first walk. I walked 15 feet. But getting up and sitting down are also very tough.

On day two, the nurse removes the catheter, the IV, the knee drain and all the epidural stuff. I had physical therapy this morning and will have it again at 1:30. Physical Therapy is your friend it hurts but helps your motion tremendously.

I spend the day drifting between naps, trips to the bathroom, seeing visitors and the steady stream of hospital staff that comes to the room.

One of the biggest key to recovery is to take pain medication on time. Not toughing it out allows me to challenge my knee.

5 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery!!! Gosh, didn't you just get back to normal after the first one?? ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs, prayers and happy thought to you!
    I'm so thankful that your surgery went well.
    Keep on getting your knee strong!
    Keep us updated!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and thanks for all the lovely details! The pancake does look good though! Hope you'll be home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad it is all going well for you...you are a tough lady...knee replacement and still blogging...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia