First, we researched for ideas online for a sailor on a carrier and any great suggestions from Moms of soldiers online. These items are found in the ships store but they run out very quickly.
- Laundry detergent
- Handy wipes
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes
- White socks
Next, we stocked up on his favorite foods.
- Salt water taffy
- Fruit roll-ups
- Peanut butter
- Ramen Noodles
- Mac and Cheese
Thirdly, we were very surprised by the Unites States Post Office's partnership with the military and how they are supporting their troops.
Their website offers free deliver on Flat rate boxes which allows you to send boxes to the troops.
- Only $12.50 when used to send to APO/FPO addresses; $2.00 less than our domestic pricing.
- Box features the “America Supports You” logo and APO/FPO addressing block.
- Commercial Base prices are available for postage paid through Click-N-Ship service at usps.com, authorized PC Postage vendors, and other authorized postage payment methods. The APO/FPO price is $11.95.
- The U.S. Postal Service offers free Package Pickup from your home or office at a time and place convenient for you. To schedule Package Pickup and for other pickup options and availability, visit usps.com.
We set up a staging area so if the store runs a special on an item we think he will like, we get a bunch and put several in each box.
My daughter set up a station to keep up with the paper work to ship the items. Tuesday is the day we ship... Less traffic.
You can put together a box for a soldier. The soldier will really appreciate it and you will feel good doing it. With the boxes from the post office, it is inexpensive and easy to send.