Friday, June 11, 2010

A Beautiful Thing: Homemade Sugar Scrub

I am a slave to fashion….. Not even close. But I do like to take care of my skin. I work hard in the garden, the home and sewing so my skin get rough and needs some loving every once in a while.

To pamper my skin, I mix a sugar scrub to exfoliate my elbows, feet and anything that needs a little exfoliating. Also, it helps remove dirt from your hands when you come in from the garden.

To make the sugar scrub, mix 1/2 cup of regular sugar with 1/4 cup of my favorite body oil from Kroger. You can also use 1/4 cup of vegetable oil, olive oil, almond oil, jojoba, if you prefer. You can also use raw or brown sugar if you really want to get fancy. I love the body oil because it has a lovely smell. P.S. I need to refill my sugar canister.


I like to use it in the shower because it is a little messy but you will love the results.


The basic mixture can be used for gifts for Mother’s day adding lavender or mint. A fun Christmas sugar scrub with crushed candy canes.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Yummy... no wait, this is not a recipe post! Okay... this LOOKS and SOUNDS good enough to eat, but my skin will think it's delicious!
    I make a salt scrub (see sidebar of my blog) and I just love it and use it. But a sugar scrub sounds so much sweeter!
    Wonderful and informative post.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saving to my gift file. :) I love this idea and the container is sweet too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. when my daughter was in middle school she had a spa day at our house for her friends...she found all types of recipes on the internet and made them up...the girls had a blast...it took me a week to get all the sugar and salt off the kitchen floor...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so clever!! I was in a fancy restaurant that hadsome in the restrooms just yesterday - now I can make my own!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 來給你加加油~打打氣!!!更新之餘,也要注意休息哦~~........................................

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia