Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Crafting: A Flag Centerpiece

I have been thinking about a centerpiece for our Fourth of July Party and came up with this simple and pretty idea.



After a trip to the hardware store, here are the items you need. Table legs, the square wood corner thingies and the adapter for table legs.



I attached the adapt with the screws provided.


Next I screwed in the leg.



After measuring the end of the flags I was going to use, I chose the correct drill bit.




And carefully marked where I wanted the flags to be on the stand. A very important step, drill the hole, initially at a 90 degree angle to the flag stand and then turn the drill to a 45 degree angle to finish drilling the hole.



After drilling all the holes, I sanded both the leg and the holes.



Next, prime the flag stands.



And then paint the color you want.


I need a round dremel tip to sand the holes better.


Fill with flags....


I needed three flag stands... one for the entry way and two for the patio.

5 comments:

  1. Cynthia, This partriotic project is stellar! I hope you post it with all the party things you are serving.
    What a clever idea!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. You amaze me! I think about the centerpiece 5 minutes before everyone comes. It's usually flowers out of the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a crafty beaver!!!

    If you also kept your eyes open, you could switch out the flags for other holidays. Do they make orange and black flags for halloween?....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is so cool! And I love how reusable it is. I'll be linking to this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. now that is a cool idea....you are very clever...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia