Monday, June 28, 2010

Getting Ready for the Fourth of July



We are getting ready for our large Fourth of July party... about 75 coming for fun,



Bubbles,



food,




festivities.



The patio is decorated....


The flag is hung....



The fireman have been invited...



And I can't wait for some blueberry pie. We picked our blueberries last week.




And they come hungry. So here is our menu:

Burger Sliders
Hot dogs
Bacon Potato Salad
Baked Beans

Blueberry Pie
Peach Crisp
Cherry Pie
Cupcakes

Everyone is bringing a side dish or dessert. I am baking pies... I love to bake pies!!!! We have some fun projects this week getting ready for the party. You will love them.


Bacon Potato Salad

Ingredients
  • 6 cups cubed Yukon gold potatoes, unpeeled (about 1 1/4 pounds)
  • Salt
  • 2 ounces bacon (2 or 3 strips)
  • 1/4 cup minced red onion
  • 1/4 cup sliced scallions (about 2 scallions)
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
  • Freshly ground pepper

Directions

Put the potatoes in a large pot; add water just to cover and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.

Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Drain on paper towels and finely chop.

In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, chopped bacon, bell pepper, onion and scallions.

In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, mayonnaise, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pour over the potato mixture, tossing gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate or serve at room temperature.

4 comments:

  1. Cynthia, I love your porch! What a great way to use red, white and blue banners!
    And your menu is delicious... it made me so hungry. I have not had breakfast yet!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite colors! Your porch is awesome and I make a variation of the potato salad you have! Delishdish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like so much fun....can't wait to hear all the details...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word! I forgot all about your bash. I just said to Leo -- "hey, wanna go to Knoxville to crash Cynthia's party?!" If I weren't dog sitting, we coulda come. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia