Friday, July 23, 2010

Baking: Pound Cake

As you know, I am adjusting to an empty nest and with hubby across the country working so hard for the family....

But ladies, I love baking... I mean love it. And you also know that next year, I have to fit in a Mother of the Bride dress. So what does a girl do?

I bake and freeze it.

And pound cake is always a good staple for a friend, etc.



So here is my pound cake recipe.

Sift 2 c. flour, 1/2 t. baking powder and 1/4 t. salt.

Beat 1/2 c. of butter at room temperature and 1 1/2 c. sugar, until fluffy.



Add four eggs, lightly beaten, one at a time and 1 t. vanilla.

Carefully add 1/2 of flour mixture and mix thoroughly.



Mix in 1/4 c. cream. Add the rest of the flour.




Put into one sprayed loaf pan... Okay, I confess, I doubled the recipe.




Bake at 325 degrees for one hour.



When the pound cake is cool, I wrap in cellophane, aluminum foil and stick in a gallon size freezer bag.



If you need something for a friend, add a bowl of berries and some whipped cream.



5 comments:

  1. sounds like a great recipe...have a great weekend Cynthia...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love pound cake too but I've never kept it frozen for a friend. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So easy, even I could do that!

    A friend of mine had a copperhead snake on her driveway one day and her neighbor removed it for her. Her natural response was to make him a pound cake. We still laugh about that. Isn't that what you should do when someone takes a venomous snake off your driveway? :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love pound cake...wish it had another name besides "pound"...who ever came up with that word for a cake is beyond me????? Makes me feel guilty even just to say it...lol ;) Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so need to do this...so I will have some on hand for family and friends! Hope you have a wonderful Sunday.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia