Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Breakfast Basket

After two surgeries this year, I had many meals delivered to us and I was so thankful to friends who cared enough about my family to make sure they had food. However, one friend delivered some lovely breakfast items. What a life saver!!

So when I had a friend's husband that needed surgery, I knew what I wanted to make for her and her hubby.



First, I baked some strawberry bread and blueberry scones.

But the basket is very bare.




Made some whipped honey butter.

1 lb. butter, at room temp.
1/4 c. honey
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. of vanilla




Then I added a Target vase, I found on clearance



And flowers from the yard.





And some yard sale napkins.




Looking better but I thought, we can do even better.



The bounty of the garden never lets me down. How about some tomatoes and green beans?




Much better. I hope the basket makes my love friend and her recovering hubby better.



8 comments:

  1. that is a great basket...I bet they really enjoyed it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I am sure your friends were thrilled when you arrived with that beautiful basket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cynthia,
    What a wonderul and thoughtful idea! YOur friend must have been so thankful! Remembering those that have a need and then meeting it is the epitome of kindness and love!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes me better just looking at it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I might need surgery. Could you mail me a basket? :0p Just kidding. No surgery planned. It would be worth the lie to get that basket, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saved your strawberry bread recipe from awhile back, and I made it today. One for me, and one for my sick neighbor. It turned out really yummy!!
    Thanks,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia