Thursday, July 15, 2010

Cooking: Crab Cake Salad



This recipe is fantastic and tasted just like summer. I wanted to share it, immediately. First, combine 1/3 c. of mayo, 2 t. of Dijon mustard and the juice of one lemon. Whisk and add 1/2 t. salt and 1/4 t. of pepper.





Next, whisk two eggs



Add 1 lb. of crabmeat, 1/2 c. of fresh white bread crumbs, 4 green onions, finely chopped ( I only used two green onions), 1 T of mayo, 2 t. salt and 1/2 t. of black pepper. Carefully fold as not to break the crabmeat up.



Next, form 8 patties. I use an ice cream scoop. But flatten out the patty in the sauce pan.



Melt 2 T. of butter in a pan and saute the crab cake on approximately four minutes on one side, turn over and saute for another three to four minutes.


Set on paper towel because you want to work in batches.


Once all cooked, place two patties on a bed of Boston lettuce and I added some cherry tomatoes from the garden....



This dish is absolutely delicious..... You will love it. And best of all, I have some leftovers. I will eat it for lunch.


Crab Cake Salad

2 eggs
1/3 c. of mayo plus 1 T.
1 lb. of Fresh lump crabmeat
1/2 c. of fresh white bread crumbs
4 green onions, finely chopped
Salt and Pepper
2 t. Dijon mustard
Juice of one lemon
2 T. of butter
2 Heads of Boston Lettuce, torn
Handful of cherry tomatoes

5 comments:

  1. Cynthina,
    It amazes me how we think alike! Look on my menu for friday! I am having company tomorrow night for a lite dinner. ANd we are having a crab cake ceaser salad. I'm doing a post about it next week! Can you belive it! How many post do we do that are so similar?
    I keep telling you that great minds think alike! Are you sure we were not seperated from birth?

    I think the butter taste of the boston lettuce you chose would be perfectly matched with the buttery rich taste of the crabcakes. The crabcakes looks delicious!
    Yummy!
    Could you imagine what we could come up with if we paired forces to do a blog! Interesting thought!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. you always have such great recipes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cynthia, This looks so good...You just amaze me with all you do...you truly live up to your title "An Accomplished Woman" Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would be a perfect party dish! I will be trying this next week...thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia