Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Crafting: "Be my Bridesmaid" Invitation

When my daughter became engaged, she started compiling her wedding party list. She also started researching a special way to ask her favorite people to be part of the wedding party.

Although the internet has some wonderful ideas, nothing seemed special enough for her. So we decided to go to Jo Anne's and see if we could find some inspiration.

Well, she came up with a brilliant idea.

First, we took these puzzle pieces.



And scrapbook paper; sophisticated paper for the bridesmaids, princess paper for the flower girl, sweet paper for the junior bridesmaid and even camouflage for the ring bearer, her God-son.



Using spray adhesive, attached the scrapbook paper to the puzzle pieces. We smoothed with a straight edge.



Next, using sharp exacto knife,




we carefully cut the excess scrapbook paper off.




The edges may be a little rough... but we have a solution.



With an extra fine sanding sponge,





This step really makes the paper look like it is printed on to the puzzle pieces.




My daughter wrote a sweet note to each one;

You are an important piece of my life....
Will you be my .... ?



We carefully printed the scrapbook sheets with a fancy font.... when I say carefully, it took several times.



We glued the phrases to the puzzle pieces...


Okay, it was tough to get the paper lined up right in the printer...



But with persistence, we got it right.



Wrapped in cellophane, with their name tag.






She delivered or mailed each piece to each member of the bridal party.

They loved it and all agreed to be in her wedding. I love how creative it was... she is becoming a Junior Accomplished Woman.


P.S. Everyone wanted to know if their piece would fit with other pieces. Yes, they would fit together but no, it does not make a picture... I wish we would have done something with the other side, that would have been fun.




My niece....


And her fiance's niece.

8 comments:

  1. you are so creative..what a neat idea...I'm sure they all loved it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I did it the boring way..."Hey, wanna be my bridesmaid?" Hehe. Fitting for the unpolished country girl I am, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are AMAZING and so creative. Beautiful idea. I am so excited about this wedding and all the amazing things you guys are doing and will share.
    Hope the house setting up is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two are AMAZING and so creative. Beautiful idea. I am so excited about this wedding and all the amazing things you guys are doing and will share.
    Hope the house setting up is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a great idea! You're so creative. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute idea! you should submit that to greenweddingshoes.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a fabulous idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia