Thursday, July 01, 2010

Fourth of July: Chocolate Covered Pretzels

One of the favorite treats we make every holiday, especially the Fourth of July is chocolate covered pretzel rods. They are delicious, inexpensive, easy to make and hold up to the heat, honestly they do.



So we need some pretzel rods and melting chocolate...



Of course, in red, white and blue!!!!



And don't forget the sprinkles.



Make sure to buy lots of bags of pretzels, I bought three bags to find enough unbroken pretzels.



Next, melt the chocolate slowly in the microwave at 30 second intervals on low power. Once the chocolate is melted, dip about half of the pretzel rod into the chocolate.


Next, place the pretzel on a wax paper covered baking sheet and add sprinkles. Aren't they adorable.



All the pretzels finished. Let them sit for about an hour to ensure the chocolate has completely set.



Next, I package them in cute bags with ties. They sell pretzel bags but I didn't have any of those bags, so I used treat bags.

Your family will love them. They are super easy and the kids will love helping you make them.

7 comments:

  1. super cute Cynthia....I bet you hav people lined up around the block for your parties...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are totally missing your calling as a party planner. I wish I lived on your street!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister makes those at EVERY holiday. The few times I've attempted I've not had good luck -- mostly issues with the chocolate and getting it to melt properly.

    But there's nothing better than a little sweet and a little salty all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems easy enough to do with my children. They will love doing this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to try some, but I couldn't find red, white or blue sprinkles. I like to dip mine in melted caramel first!
    Blessings,
    Lorilee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cynthia, this is such a darling idea! And using patriotic colors makes it a perfect 4th of July treat!
    Very inspiring and yummy!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia