Friday, July 09, 2010

Making cooking easy

How do I make cooking easier for myself? I prep all the fruits and vegetables immediately when I get home from the grocery store.

I cut up or scrub any fruits and veggies, immediately.


Then, I let them hang out to dry off. I bag all produce in Ziploc bags and add a paper towel to each bag to absorb the water.



Washed strawberries in the fridge make for wonderful snacks...




These steps are important to have your produce ready for snacks or cook any time. I also do these steps immediately, when I bring in the produce from the garden.




Because you work so hard, pick up a bouquet of flowers and sit back and enjoy.

Prepping your veggies and fruits will transform your cooking. You can whip up a salad, stir-fry, omelet or sandwich at the drop of a hat!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I do that too....it sure helps...I found if I don't do that...we tend to let things go bad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post. I am going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea Cynthia! I don't wash my produce because I thought it would go bad quicker. Never thought to totally let it dry! Great idea and time saver!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that basket you had all those veggies draining in...Love the bouquet of flowers...It always makes me feel happy to have a few fresh flowers to enjoy..even if I buy them for myself... ;) Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia