Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Movie Theater Gift

Stacey made the nicest comment about how thoughtful I am...while I appreciate that she thinks I am thoughtful, I think we all wish we showed our family and friends more often how much we love them and appreciate their friendship.

On that note, I have a dear friend with a sweet child whose husband has been out of work for some time. She would give the shirt off her back if someone would ask her for it. She gives so much of herself that my daughter and I wanted to do something special for her and her husband. So we decided what would be better than a date basket.




A date basket? Well, we included gifts for a date out and a date in....



I received this bowl for Blissdom and saved it for a special occasion.



Filled it with a dinner card, a free Redbox rental card and Orville Redenbacher microwave popcorn.



I also took a cute quart paint can. Did you know you can find empty paint cans at the hardware store? Well, we decorated the paint can....



And stuffed it with a theater gift cards...



Everything coordinated red and yellow



Dinner and a movie out... and popcorn and a rental movie at home.... both with free babysitting. Believe me, we will have more fun with their child and would love to have more time with him.



Wrapped the basket up with cellophane and curling ribbon...



And we have a beautiful gift basket for a beautiful friend.

Times are difficult for all of us but I hope this inspires you to look around and ask yourself what small gesture can I do for someone around me... You will benefit far more than the cost of your gift.

2 comments:

  1. what a cute idea....you are very thoughtful! Sometimes a little note of encouragement is just what the Dr ordered for someone going through a rough time....there is something extra special about a hand written note...since everything is so computerized these days...your blog always stirs my creative side...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Cynthia: I just "met" you on another blog and was intrigued with the name of your blog. I came for a visit and have found the most thoughtful and delightful gift. I'm going to take note for future gifting. I'm sure your friends will have a lovely date and you will enjoy their child.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia