Friday, August 06, 2010

Baking: Lemon Bars

Nothing says summer to me as a lemons and if I can bake using lemons, even better.

I have never baked lemon bars.. shocking, I know, but a friend gave me her recipe and thought I would try it.



In a food processor, pulse 2 cups of flour,1/3 c. powdered sugar and 1 c. of cold butter several times.

It will look like this.




Press into a 13 by 9 pan. I know it doesn't look like anything but pressed flour, but trust me. The crust looks like this. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.




While the crust is baking, whisk four large eggs, 1 1/2 c. sugar, 2 t. lemon zest and 1/2 c. lemon juice.


Next add 1/4 c. flour, 1 t. baking powder and 1/4 t. salt. Combine until well-blended.




Remove the crust from the oven.




Pour the lemon mixture over the crust and bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.



Cool the lemon bars for at least 30 minutes before cutting.




The lemon bars look crumbly but they were delicious. And they did not last long... everyone loved them.

Lemon Bars

2 c. flour
1/3 c. powdered sugar
1 c. cold butter, cut into pieces
4 large eggs
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 t. lemon zest
1/2 c. lemon juice
1 t. baking powder
1/4 c. flour
1/4 t. salt

Powdered sugar for topping

3 comments:

  1. looks yummy..I've never baked them either...may just have to give it a whirl...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so so awesome!! My youngest daughter's favorite treat is a lemon bar and we typically get them at the Nordstrom cafe'....I'm going to try your recipe- great pictures! Thank you so much for sharing!
    I have a blog, too!

    http://thegirlgetsreal.blogspot.com/
    come see me!
    Hugs,
    Joann

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia