Monday, August 09, 2010

A "Blue" Party


For my daughter's wedding next year, she and her fiance wanted a signature cocktail to serve all their guests. Well, the color of choice was a blue cocktail.

So I decided to have a party with some of the best people I know to help us taste test some Blue Cocktails......

But first, you have to set a fancy table..



Hydrangeas from the yard and a couple from the florist



We were also "blue" because one of our girls was leaving for graduate school... we will miss you.



Next I fed them a good meal.. well, I hope it was good.



After everyone was fully fed, we gave them 8 cups to test their drink and a note pad to rate the 8 drinks



Everyone was diligent in tasting the drinks




Some more diligent then others.....




Some got red faced....



But the undeniable fact was...




The party got better as the tasting went longer.....




Next, they had to vote for their top three favorites....





And the top three winners were

#1 (The best of the three for a blue color)
1 oz. Blue Curacao
1 oz. Vodka
5 oz. Lemonade

#3
1 oz. Blue Curacao
1 oz. Vodka
5 oz. Cranberry Juice

#4 ( A deep purple color... not going to work)
1 oz. Blue Curacao
1 oz. Vodka
5 oz. Blueberry Juice

We will let the groom make the final call but we may still need to test more recipes...


Now, I need to clean up this mess......


I am joining Susan at Between the Naps. My table isn't as special as some on her site but we had much more alcohol....



10 comments:

  1. now that was a fun tasting party...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great idea. I love all three. Anything that contains vodka gets my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! What fun! I love your silver vase and it looks perfect with the hydrangeas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like everyone was having a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute idea for testing and tasting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks wonderful.. what a clever way to taste test..

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea. And the table is so pretty - love the hydrangeas - blue is my favorite color for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is bound to be one very well received special drink at the reception....I'm still smiling just thinking about your tasting event. Thank you for sharing your charming event. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia