Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Cooking: Cheesy Bacon Potato Salad

This dish combines my two loves... bacon and potato salad.



How could this dish not be heavenly?

Start with 6 large Yukon Gold cooked potatoes.

Combine 12 slices of bacon, crumbled



1/4 c. of green onion and 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped



1 1/3 c. mayonnaise, 1/2 c. sour cream and a package of ranch dressing mix ( Note: I always made mustard-based potato salads but actually, this dressing if fantastic. I will have to alter the way I make potato salad in the future)



Dice potatoes.



Add to potato mixture and gently toss. Taste if you need to add salt.

Gently stir in 8 oz. of shredded cheddar cheese.




Cover and chill for 4 hours. Actually, it was better the second day. With labor day coming, this dish is a fantastic addition to your Labor Day party!!!


4 comments:

  1. Cynthia, We have this in common! WOW! Does this look delicious... and just in time for those Labor Day Picnics... and fall tailgating.
    Yummy!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you all know, I licked my plate. I am not a huge fan of potato salad... I couldn't get enough. The ranch and cheese and bacon... HEAVEN!!!

    This is a must try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word.... this looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to say this is a great potato salad recipe! We had it for our Labor Day get together and everyone just loved it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia