Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cooking: Crunchy Pecan Cole Slaw

I have been trying to find a cole slaw recipe that would hold up in the heat of summer. And this recipe looked not only interesting but also would have a lot of flavor.

Start with one head of Napa cabbage, cut into thin strips


Add 1 c. toasted pecans, 1/4 c. onion and 1/2 c. radishes




Next, cut one apple into thin strips, I didn't read the recipe at this point... so I cut in little chunks.




Toss 1/2 c. of Sweet and Spicy dressing


1/4 c. lemon zest
1/4 c. honey
2 T. hot sauce, I reduced this to 1 T. and it was still spicy
2 T. canola oil
1 t. celery salt
1/4 t. pepper

Whisk all the ingredients.





The cole slaw is very tasty and has a great kick to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia