Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Cooking: Fool Proof BBQ Ribs

I am always fascinated by how complicated people can make the easiest dish.

BBQ Ribs are not hard to make. I have made this dish a hundred times and it always comes out perfect and delicious. In fact it is so easy, I know I won't win any awards with it.

Rinse the ribs and pat dry.

Remove the membrane on the back of the ribs. Trim any excess fat. Rub a little kosher salt and pepper on them.



Wrap tightly in aluminum foil.



Bake a 225 degrees for four hours. By the way, your house will smell fantastic.

About 10 minutes before you are ready to remove the ribs from the oven, light up the gas grill and if using charcoal, well, you are on your own for timing. Remove the ribs from the oven and the aluminum foil.


Place ribs on the grill and baste with your favorite BBQ sauce for about 10 to 15 minutes.


Honestly, I would have more pictures but the ribs were almost devoured before I could whip out the camera.

YUMMY... and here is the cook!!!



Here is my favorite BBQ sauce:

2 c. ketchup
1 c. beer
1/4 c. light brown sugar
1 and 1/2 t. black pepper
1 and 1/2 t onion powder
1 and 1/2 t dry mustard
2 T. lemon juice
2 T. Worcestershire
1/2 c. apple cider

I put this on the stove when I prepare the ribs and let simmer on very low for four hours while the ribs are cooking so the BBQ sauce gets to know each other.

1 comment:

  1. Cynthia, I can comment on this in one word.....yummmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia