Monday, August 16, 2010

Cooking: Menu Week Ending 8.23.2010

After saying I was sewing all last week, I put that off until this week as I spent last week rearranging my office and laid up with a busted toe. So sewing begins in earnest on Monday.

Starting tomorrow, my dear daughter has agreed to help her mother get back in shape on the bicycle and weight training. Hopefully, we can talk my son to help too. He is an excercise guru... working on the P90X, he is one fine looking boy. I am looking at the P270X.... just kidding. But he is an expert weight trainer. My knees feel excellent and I am ready to get them up to full speed.

So... I am eating lots of salads this week to try to capture summer's flavors and try to remember them in January... when it is cold.

Monday



Antipasto Salad

Tuesday



Grilled Tuna
Fresh Tomatoes, Smoked Mozzarella and Basil with a Balsamic Vinagrette

Wednesday

Apricot Chicken Salad in Butter Lettuce Cups

Thursday

Ham and Brie Baguette with Fig Preserves
Potato Salad

Friday

Leftovers

Saturday



Grilled Chicken Cesar Salad

Sunday



Spinach Frittata
Jalapeno Cornbread

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cynthia, thanks for visiting my blog- I just found yours! And this menu sounds super-yummy... I think you might find yourself with an extra dinner guest every night this week! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOur menu sounds fantastic! The ham and brie baguettes with fig preserves sound just delicious! I'm going to have to try that!
    Sound like you have a busy week! I'm so happy to hear that your knee is on the mend!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia