Wedding planning is still going strong, we are meeting with vendors this week and I have the first DIY project ready to be put together.
Oh yes, I agreed to teach two classes at the local community college. So my class preparation is going to have to hit high gear. I love to have all their exams, homework and review sheets ready before the class starts.
So my menu has a couple of new recipes but many easy favorites that can be whipped up in a couple of minutes.
Angel Hair pasta with pesto, parmesan and fresh tomatoes
Roast Loin of Pork with peach glaze (recipe coming soon)
Twice baked potatoes
Spinach Salad with Fig vinagrette
My neighbor has a beautiful fig tree and brought over some fresh figs. I had this salad at a fabulous restaurant and thought I would give it a try.
- 5 ounces fresh figs (about 6 large), stemmed, quartered
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- Generous pinch of sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Breakfast for dinner
Light green salad
Leftover pork sandwiches
Tomato Caprese Salad