Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cooking: Pear Goat Cheese Fritter Salad

Oh my.... I love this salad. And so will you.




First, you will need Panko bread crumbs and herb goat cheese. I am late to the Panko bandwagon and let me tell you, it is delicious. I will be using these bread crumbs for lots of dishes.


Cut 10 ounces of goat cheese into 15 pieces. Roll the goat cheese into balls, dip in egg whites and roll in bread crumbs. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set the goat cheese and bread crumbs.




Heat 2 inches of oil to 350 degrees. Carefully add the goat cheese fritters and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Watch closely, they can burn easily.



Drain on a paper towel. Look how gorgeous they look.



For the salad, mix spring greens and spinach and place on the plate. This is an arranged salad, one of my favorite types of salad. Next, cut a Bosc Pear thinly add to plate, top with dried cranberries and almonds, two goat cheese fritters. I dressed it with Balsamic vinagrette...




Delicious... a very girly salad. The goat cheese fritters are very lovely with the pears and cranberries.

2 comments:

  1. Great looking salad! I always enjoy when you serve on your portmerion, because I feel like I am eating at my house :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia