Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cooking: Tostados

Tostados are very easy to make and with the heat outside, I don't want to spend all day cooking. This quick dinner took me 15 minutes... now that is faster than fast food. And as you know, I am home alone... so easy for a Mom pining away for hubby and kids and easy for a crowd.



First, start with these shells.



Next, saute up some hamburger... I grind my own ( I will show you next Monday)


Process some drained and rinsed black beans in the food processor. I use them in place of re-fried beans. Heat on low in a small sauce pan.

Next season the hamburger. Okay, don't look, I use half ketchup and half BBQ sauce. I know weird but that is how we like it.



Now time to assemble the tostado. Place the shell on a baking sheet.



Top with heated refried bean or black bean mixture.



Layer with hamburger.



And lots of cheese. Bake at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese melts.




Meanwhile, chop lettuce and tomatoes. Remove from oven. Plate and top with lettuce and tomatoes. And a dollop of sour cream.



Delicious.. you will love it. At least, my dear daughter did... dinner is always a draw to bring children home!!!



2 comments:

  1. Sounds great! And looks great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!! I can't wait to try it. :o) Sincerely ~ Trish

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia