Saturday, August 14, 2010

Getting ready to teach!!!

I have been prepping to teach two Economics classes at the local college. I love teaching and I love Economics... Weird right?

But how can you not love these graphs?

Supply and Demand



Income Elasticity



Change in Demand



And impart my love of these men...


Frederick Von Hayak





Milton Friedman


Julian Simon



I also love to provoke the student discussion with provocative topics like....

Why do NBA basketball players make more than teachers?
Why the government does not need to subsidize fuel alternatives?
Government intervention only leads to distortions in the free market!

Oh don't get me wrong, I love baking, cooking, sewing, painting, gardening, etc... but nothing is more fun than creating a classroom where those young minds get blown wide open by challenging their perception of reality.

Good times....




2 comments:

  1. your students will be lucky to have you as a teacher...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you so passionately teach that subject! I haven't a clue what any of that was! :) On the other hand, I get a total kick out of teaching someone to read. Maybe someday one of them will end up in an Economics class.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia