Monday, August 23, 2010

How I make Hamburger!!!

I don't really like to buy hamburger at the store. Now don't get me wrong... I am sure it is perfectly lovely meat but I prefer to make my own hamburger. That way, you know what is in the meat.

Whip out the Kitchen Aid mixer and grinder attachment... you didn't think I was going to grind it by hand did you?




Next find some lovely chuck steak.


Chuck steak has nice marbling of fat which makes the hamburger tender and hold together if you are making hamburgers or meatballs.



Cut the steak into manageable pieces for the grinder.





All set and ready to go.




Start placing the meat in the grinder and turn the mixer on 4 or medium.


All the steak turns into lovely hamburger.


Ready to package for the freezer.


Love the feeling of feeding the family wholesome hamburger and knowing exactly what is in it....




Freezing for future use. I find chuck steak on sale all the time.. very economical and much better for us than store bought hamburger.

1 comment:

  1. my husband has a crank grinder he makes sausage with...yours would be much faster...but he enjoys the process...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia