Friday, August 05, 2011

Peach Shortcake

Oh how I love peaches and short cake.... However, we have a big disagreement at our home about what constitutes a short cake. I am a complete traditionalist.

A short cake is a sweet biscuit.



 Hubby thinks short cake is yellow cake.... ummm, no. I have made you Strawberry Yellow cake as short cake but I am putting my foot down.

I want traditional short cake, okay, crying fit over... I am baking traditional short cake. If I cover it with enough peaches and whipped cream, I am sure he will love it.

Start with 4 cups of bisquick, 1/2 c. sugar, 2 T melted butter, 1 1/2 t. of almond flavoring and 1 1/2 c. of milk. Pour into twelve greased muffin tins.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes until done. Cool and pop out of the muffin pans.

Peel, core and slice 6 peaches. Sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent them from turning brown.

Stir in 1 1/2 c. of sugar. Taste for sweetness. Refrigerate until ready to use.

Next, whip 2 c. of heavy cream and 1/2 c. of sugar, I use confectionery sugar until it develops into soft peaks.

Split the biscuit in half, spoon peaches over bottom half of biscuit. Top with the top half of biscuit and a spoonful of whipped cream.


Lovely....... And delicious. The almond extract adds a wonderful flavor to the shortcake and combined with the peaches, it is perfection.  Very easy to make for a summer dessert.



2 comments:

  1. Cynthia,
    This sounds so yummy! I eat shortcake topped with seasonal fruit for breakfast. Just change out the whipped cream for skim milk poured over shortcake. I put it in a bowl and dig in!
    I'll try making your biscuits. They sound just perfect!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Looks so good. Following you now. You have a fabulous blog! I’m an author and illustrator and I made some awards to give to fellow bloggers whose sites I enjoy. I want to award you with the Creative Blog Award for all the hard work you do!

    Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
    ~Deirdra

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia