I am waiting on the wallpaper for the first bedroom we have remodeled so I am moving on the guest room to prime. All three bedrooms have to be done by November 1 so we have no time to waste.
Mums and pansies are getting planted this week, teaching and the puppy is going to be neutered on Monday. Every week is busy and this is no exception, so the theme of this week is Fall and Fast. Each recipe is an easy dish that has a hint of fall.
Don't forget, fall cleaning continues and this week is the Living Room and my hubby's closet will get a thorough cleaning.
Beef Chili with Garden Tomatoes, Corn and Black Beans
Jalapeno Corn Bread
Peach Glazed Chicken (Recipe coming soon)
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Turkey, Ham Bagel Melt
Southwest Chicken Quesadillas
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 4 tortillas (10 inches)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cooked PW Flank Steak, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 t. chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- Salsa, guacamole and sour cream, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir onion over medium-high heat until tender. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Coat the same skillet with cooking spray; add one tortilla. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over half of tortilla. Top with a fourth of the steak, 1 tablespoon cilantro and 1/2 teaspoons jalapeno.
- Fold over and cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted; remove. Repeat for remaining quesadillas, spraying pan as needed. Cut into wedges; serve with salsa, guacamole and sour cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Spinach Salad with Honey Vinagrette
Slow-cooker Beef Roast