Thursday, September 02, 2010

Gardening: Clean-Up

It is time to say good-bye to the garden....



It has been lovely this summer but I am ready for it to end.


But I have made some decisions about next summer.....


More flowers.... and less tomatoes. I could not keep up with all the tomatoes this summer.




So to close the garden...

  1. I will pull it.
  2. Rototill some compost in it
  3. Cover with mulch.

Weed until the grass dies back and finally put a layer of dry leaves on it for the winter.

Besides, fall is the busiest time in the flower beds for me... so fall chores; grass seed, perennials dividing, bulb planting and finally bush placement will eat up all fall not to mention, leaves, leaves and oh yes, leaves.

3 comments:

  1. Your gardens are lush and beautiful! Love all your architectural elements. I can't put my gardens to bed yet. I planted pumpkins and they are having a riot! I also have gourds growing from my compost bin.

    Even without the green, those gardens must look lovely all year long!
    Everything you touch turnes to beauty.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided that too! I want more zinnias less peppers and tomotoes. I just love your garden. Bring on fall!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia