Thursday, October 28, 2010

Baking: Candy Corn Halloween Cupcakes

I saw these cute cupcakes and decided my students needed a cupcake party. Remember when you were in elementary school and had cupcakes? Well, my college students needed a cupcake party. Besides, I did a poll of the boys and only two of them was dressing up for Halloween.... well, that is depressing.




So I baked up some chocolate cupcakes, okay, a lot of cupcakes.



Made some buttercream icing and tinted it, yellow and orange.
Using a big star tip, I first piped the yellow.




Next piped a smaller star of orange.







And topped it with a star of white.... like a candy corn. 




And lastly, added a white tip.




How cute are they?




I hope the students like their candy corn cupcakes and



4 comments:

  1. you are a thoughtful teacher...very cute...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and yummy!!!! I wish I were in your class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them. I hope the students get into the spirit!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are absolutely beautiful! I cannot wait to make this cupcake in October. Very, very clever!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia