Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Baking: Chocolate Chip Scones

 Scones are a favorite at our home and I am always trying to find new variations to this breakfast delicacy. Chocolate is always a good addition to any dish... I baked my favorite scone recipe and added some milk chocolate chips. How could that be bad?



Since everyone is out of the house; working and school. I will be freezing these for company and packaging a sweet gift for a friend across the street.

What are you baking today? 

Basic Scone Recipe:

3 cups self-rising flour
½ c. sugar
3/4 cup butter, cut into small pieces
1 c. of heavy whipping cream
1 t. vanilla extract
½ cup dried fruit, herbs, cheese or even chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Sift together the flour and sugar in bowl, cut in butter and sugar mixture until it resembles coarse meal. Add ½ c. whipping cream, vanilla and dried fruit or chocolate chips. Stir until all ingredients are moistened.




Add a little more whipping cream if it seems too dry.Turn out onto a board and knead about 5 times until the dough is smooth and soft. Roll out to 1/2 inch thick. Cut with a biscuit cutter. Brush with an egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.


 

Bake for 13 to 15 minutes



2 comments:

  1. you are sweet...I like sending cards for all the holiday...or just to let them know I'm thinking of them...I love getting cards in the mail...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia