Monday, November 22, 2010

Hospitality: Guest Bedroom Basics

With fall here in full force, we look to the holidays and all of us are fluffing the pillows, cleaning carpets and baking treats for future guests. This year, with both children moved out and on their own, Mom is facing an empty nest. I have three guest rooms to hold all the guests for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

So here are my steps to make the room feel comfortable:

1. Flowers. I purchase flowers every week for by my bed. I love flowers and who doesn't love them when they come to visit. Flowers make you feel special.

 

2. Bottled water and an alarm clock allow your guests to feel like they are home.

3. I always add a few magazines and several books for the reading pleasure of my guests.

4. Lastly, a bathrobe, fancy soap and a stack of fresh towels make my home feel like a bed and breakfast.

How do your guests feel when they come to your home? Do they feel special? And how do you make them feel special?



2 comments:

  1. you are definately ready for guests...do they ever want to go home? It's been a while since we've had over night guests...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gracious hostess you are.
    You have the gift of hospitality.
    Have a blessed Thanksgiving holiday.

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia