Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My Thanksgiving Table

I loved this picture and used it for inspiration for my Thanksgiving Table.



I wanted my Thanksgiving table to look similar to this inspiration.


Plates from Spode


Wine glasses are Star Blossom from Gorham and Water Glasses as Mikasa.


The silver is my Great Aunt's, I adore old silver... And I love polishing silver.. if anyone wants their silver polished, bring it over.



Love the butternut squash and the many candles.




I found a bag of these pilgrims at a yard sale... how cute!!!







The silver mint julep cup waiting for Thanksgiving day and fall flowers. 



My version of Pottery Barn candles. I found a pair of these wonderful glass urns at Marshall's for $7.99 a piece. They have a big impact for a small price. 



My Turkey Soup Tureen and Walmart bowls waiting for the Butternut Squash soup!!




I have another table set up, exactly the same but the table is round. I have plenty of room for as many guests as my family wants to bring. My philosophy is to have enough food and room at the table for anyone who may show up unexpectedly.  Hospitality is about the ability to adapt and make an unexpected guest feel like you had always planned for them to come to your home. 




I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner!!!

3 comments:

  1. Eventhough I do have pretty dishes, we are going with paper since we are expecting 24. Your table is gorgeous!
    Blessings,
    Lorilee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table is perfect! Thank you for sharing it with us and for letting us in on all the little 'secrets' that made it come together. For the first time I am not setting a Thanksgiving table - we are going to our son and daughter-in-law's beautiful, new home. What a blessing it will be to gather with our whole family and give thanks. We are blessed!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia