Well, let me lay out my plan for the week of Thanksgiving.
Saturday, November 20th
Defrost Turkey (If you are using a fresh turkey, you can skip this step.)
Monday, November 22nd
- Herb butter combined
- Sugar cookies baked
- House cleaned once over
- Dessert table set up with table cloth and cake plates, knives and dishes
- Guest bedrooms doubled checked for soap, towels, any other items.
- Place cards put out
Tuesday, November 23rd
- Walnuts and butter combined and sauteed for Brie En Croute
- Cupcake icing made for the girl's cupcakes.
- Put the icing in the icing bags and additionally put in airtight ziploc bag
- Grocery store trip for all the fresh items
- Cauliflower gratin prepared
- Cut up carrots, celery, broccoli and wash grape tomatoes for crudities
- Ranch dip prepared
- Butternut squash soup prepared and refrigerated
- Defrost pies and side dishes in the refrigerator
- Lay out any dishes you need for side dishes
- Sugar cookies decorated
Wednesday, November 24rd
- Shrimp Bisque made
- Lay out grilled cheese bar
- Toss green salad with Balsamic vinagrette
- Combine ingredients for Chocolate cupcakes
- Stuffing items sauteed and combined to complete stuffing.
- Refrigerate stuffing.
- Cinnamon Rolls defrosted in refrigerator
- Puff pastry defrosted in refrigerator
- Steaks defrosted in refrigerator
- Combine French Toast Casserole and refrigerate overnight
- Brine the turkey: Prepare brine. Combine all the brine ingredients. Place the turkey in a brining bag and pour brine over turkey to submerge. Refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Guest bedroom: fresh flowers added
- Set breakfast table
- Add fresh flowers to Thanksgiving Table
Thursday, November 25rd
- Turkey stuffed and trussed. Put in the oven
- Extra stuffing put in serving dish and put back in refrigerator
- Bake French Toast Casserole
- Combine and bake spinach frittata
- Warm cinnamon rolls
- Defrost rolls in refrigerator
- Small saucepan with chicken stock, turkey neck heated to baste turkey for the next six hours
- Brie en croute prepared
- Put out oyster ranch crackers and crudities
- Green bean casserole prepared and baked
- Girl's decorate the cupcakes
- Lay out carving knife
- Side dishes and rolls wrapped in aluminum foil in other oven at 200 degrees
- Stuffing dish added to the turkey oven
- Desserts set out on dessert table
- Cranberry sauce in dishes
- Turkey platter lined with lettuce, cranberries and oranges
- Cornstarch and water mixed for gravy
- Start warming soup
- Turkey out of oven and wrapped with aluminum foil to let it rest.
- Drippings heated on stove to make gravy, add chicken stock and cornstarch/water mix
- Rolls removed from oven and put in basket
- Wine opened and poured
- Candles lit
- Side dishes removed from oven and set on buffet table
- Move turkey to platter, keep covered while soup is served
Thanksgiving dinner is served!!!