Friday, January 28, 2011

Baking: Muffin Tops

Muffin Tops are the bombdiggity. My favorites are the pumpkin muffin tops from Panera. So when I found these pans....



I thought... pumpkin muffin tops became my next challenge. With my favorite pumpkin bread recipe, I experimented and made the best pumpkin muffins ever!!!! Using an ice cream scoop, I measured them out equally in the pan. Baked them at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Absolutely delicious!!!! The perfect combination of crusty outside and moist inside.





Pumpkin Muffins
1 1/2 c. of sugar
1/2 c. vegetable oil
2 eggs
1/2 can of pumpkin
1 3/4 c. flour
3/4 t. b. powder
1 t. b. soda
1/3 t. salt
2/3 t. cloves
2/3 t. nutmeg
2/3 t. allspice
3/4 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. vanilla
1/6 c. water

Combine sugar, oil, pumpkin and eggs until well-blended. Add all the dry ingredients and blend carefully until thoroughly mixed. Add vanilla and water. Scoop with mid-size ice cream scoop into muffin top pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove and place on cooling rack.This makes 18 muffin tops.

Delicious!!

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Cynthia! Two questions: What size can of pumpkin? Where did you find the pan? They sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are full of good ideas Cynthia..

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia