Thursday, January 06, 2011

Decorating: My "Masculine" Room

As you know, this fall, I was on a mission to re-decorate three bedrooms; the guest room and both children’s rooms after they moved out. Well, we loved the first room, the French Country bedroom. And I loved the girl’s room. However, the last room represented the biggest challenge. Previously my son’s room, it was the messiest and needed the most TLC.

So first I stripped the wallpaper. 


Next, we painted the ceiling and all the trim. 

And then we wallpapered with the most glorious lovely paper. 


The paper adds a lightness to this room and with denim accessories, it will be less fussy than the other bedrooms.
I have to find a bed, a new rug and nightstand so we are a long way from being done.

4 comments:

  1. can't wait to see what you come up with...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wallpaper! Are you going to be at Blissdom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica,

    Thanks so much. I don't think I am going to
    Blissdom. But I could be talked into it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love that paper! It's heavenly. I have been afraid of paper in the past, but all of your gorgeous rooms have made me really think about it. Have to say I do love the floral paper.

    I was wondering, do you have orange peel texture on your walls? If so, do you paper over it or do you flatten them out? We have orange peel on all of our walls so that's definitely one of the things that has been holding me back. That and that I'm afraid to put up paper! Though my Mom and I did it in a bedroom when I was a teen and it went pretty well.

    ~Angela~

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia