Thursday, January 20, 2011

Garden Planning

January is the least active month in my garden and flower beds. However, this month is the time when I dream of all the beautiful flowers and vegetables, I am going to grow, without all the weeding, pruning or planting.

To transform those dreams to reality requires a little garden planning. I start with

A stacks of gardening catalogs and highlight those veggies I want to try this year.



I check to see if there are any seeds left over from last year.





Use my trusty planner and check the last frost date.




Draw up my garden plans and plug in the dates of either the seeds that need to be started indoors or when the seeds should be planted outside. I love to draw the garden in my garden journal.



A look at the garden... I can't wait until the garden goes from this....


  


To this.....
Cabbage and broccoli seeds get started inside on February 8th!!!! I will keep you posted.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the inspiration! I need to get busy and plan my garden, too. You've given me just the encouragement I need. Love that garden planner. Is it available online?
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told hubby this weekend...it's time to start getting ready for our garden...we haven't had one in 4 or 5 years...but this year we are...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please, I am begging you...come to my house and do a garden for me. :( I am pouting to add clout to my request :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How encouraging and inspiring to think about Spring and the beauty of gardening!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia