Monday, January 03, 2011

New Year’s Resolution

I took some time off...  It was refreshing because in the last 12 days, I have traveled from Norfolk, VA to Tennessee, from Tennessee to Jacksonville, FL and back. The holidays were lovely but so hectic, I didn't have time to sit back and reflect until today.

We love New Year’s Resolutions in our family. The week after Christmas , we all spend time working on them individually and New Year’s eve at dinner we all share and reflect on our individual and family goals we might have for the new year.
In order to keep these goals in mind, the family checks with each other to see if we have met a goal or are we working on them. Accountability is an important component to accomplishing any goals you have set for yourself.
My list for this next year…
1.       Involved in two committees at church
2.       Take a knitting class
3.       Lose 40 pounds
4.       Read 6 books, not cookbooks, my first love.
5.       Organize my office
6.       Learn Italian
7.       Visit one U.S. historical site with the family.

P.S. My external hard drive has died so I am struggling without any pictures. Hopefully my son will fix it and be up and running tomorrow.



4 comments:

  1. Wonderful post. I can not imagine being without my photos...so I completely understand. Hope things get fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope it's repaired soon...so glad your doing well..you have a nice list....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cynthia, how could you even think of being gone from blogging while I actually have time to read them? Your travels sound like fun. :) Back to school time!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia