Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Planning a Wedding Part 1

We are in the midst of planning a wedding, as many of you know. Until last week, we were on track month by month to create a beautiful wedding that met all of my daughter's vision, the family's budget and her finance's desire to marry my daughter and make her dreams come true.

Thursday, January 13th, the school board in Knoxville, TN decided to take the wedding venue and make it a magnet school. Here is a link to the article.


Here is a picture of the venue.... 


as you can see from the picture below, the room is filled with gorgeous gilding and patterned tile. This venue is not just a space but an important part of the wedding we were trying to create for my daughter.


 

We are now back to looking for a venue with the wedding 5 months from yesterday. We will find a new venue and reorganize the flowers, rental items, catering, flowers and cake but it is heartbreaking.

My new motto is to now make lemonade out of these lemons....

So how does this relate to wedding planning. Well, I carry the wedding book. My book has a list of vendors, pictures, swatches, a detailed guest list, a detailed budget, a monthly to do list and all the information I need from the list of food the bridal party needs on the Trolley from the church to a new venue to the measurements of the groom, pictures of the tuxedo to pictures of the cake we want.

While we are in a little bit of a panic, I know that if I can organize the first venue and wedding, I definitely can whip it in shape again, and fast. As soon as we find a new venue... I will be back up and organizing the wedding.


2 comments:

  1. oh what a disappointment...but I know you will find something even better....can't wait to see what you come up with...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am behind on the news! Congratulations to your daughter.

    Cynthia, I know that must be stressful but you are an absolute queen at organization.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia