Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cooking: Menu Week Ending February 19

Valentine's Day is not the day to eat in a restaurant. But I do not want to cook all day. Sunday, I am baking lots of potatoes so whipping up twice baked potatoes will be very easy. Valentine's dinner will be as simple as grilling a steak, roasting asparagus and thoroughly heating my potatoes. It should take me less than 30 minutes to complete, less time than waiting for a table.

I am still painting. The flower beds need another quick clean up and juggling more wedding planning, a "man" shower next week, classes to prep and teaching. On Friday, our weekly night for entertaining, my baked potatoes from Sunday will also be used in a baked potato salad - a special treat filled with cheddar cheese, bacon and a sour cream chive dressing. Pork butt in the slow cooker will make tender BBQ pulled pork sandwiches with onion flavored buns. All in all a power packed menu with lots of flavor.

Sunday


Pecan French Toast
Boursin Scrambled Eggs


Monday



Steak with Herb Butter
Twice Baked Potatoes
Roasted Asparagus
Heart Shaped Sugar Cookies

Tuesday

Cesar Salad

Wednesday

Church

Thursday


Salad with Pecans, Strawberries and Balsamic Vinaigrette

Friday

Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Baked Potato Salad
Cole Slaw
Deviled Eggs 
Fried Strawberry Pies

Saturday

15 Bean Soup with Ham

1 comment:

  1. You have inspired me! This week I will sit down and write out a menu.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia