I am way behind for blogs this week. With two straight weeks of painting and followed by a week of making wedding favors, my little blog has suffered. This week, we are planting the garden. As the last chance of frost is April 15th, I will take my chances. I also want four to five Knock-Out roses planted.
We have been to two straight weeks of yard sales and I already have three projects to finish. Painting furniture during the weekend!! So Saturday‘s meal is a salad I can whip up on Friday.
Thursday is still the wedding working day. This Thursday is all make-up, shower dress shopping and setting up wedding dress fittings. We have made great project and hope to have all the work done to enjoy all of May and the beginning of June. With the favors finished, I am so relieved.
Lastly, thank you for all the kind birthday wishes either through email, cards or Facebook. I had a fantastic day and was given some beautiful presents. I feel blessed to have such wonderful friends and family.
Sauteed Green Beans
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 lemon slices
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour and pepper; dredge the chicken. Set remaining flour mixture aside. In a skillet, brown chicken in oil; transfer to an ungreased 9-in. square baking dish.
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter. Add reserved flour mixture; stir to form a thick paste. Gradually add broth, lemon juice, basil and thyme; mix well. Bring to boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Pour over the chicken. Top each half with a lemon slice. Sprinkle parsley.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Church for dinner
Salt and Sweet Brownies
Chicken Salad Croissants
Homemade Potato Chips
Pork Butt with Strawberries
What is on your menu this week?