Monday, April 04, 2011

Cooking: Menu Week Ending April 10th


Finally, spring has arrived. The garden was planted Saturday and this month is all about planting annuals. I am not a garden snob, who poo-poo annuals and strictly have perennials. As I am only a fair gardener, I need annuals to fill in my holes.

I am also painting baseboards as I have time. We are hitting wedding shower season so my weekends are filling up. Speaking of wedding, all our hard work the last six months has paid off and I think we will have mostly everything done in time to enjoy this sweet and sad time of my daughter’s wedding and growing up. 

Easter is upon us and I have a wonderful Easter brunch and dinner menu to share. Family and friends will be all over the house and I am trying to convince the neighborhood to have a “real” Easter egg hunt. I am in the mood to boil and color at least 12 dozen eggs. I will let you know. If not, I know three boys down the street I can cajole into letting me have an Easter Egg hunt with them.

Lastly, I am making Julie Child’s Beef Bourguignon. I have never made this dish and after watching the movie Julie Julia about 12 times, thanks to the new cable we have, I thought it would be a fitting end to winter cooking and a good experiment, since none of the boys are home and if I mess it up, who is to know. I would probably share it with you all but at least you wouldn’t have to eat it. If it is delicious, you will know!!! It will become a regular on the menu next winter. Keep your fingers crossed.

Monday


Sweet Potato Fries
Crudities

Tuesday



Cesar Salad

Wednesday

Church

Thursday


Ham and Turkey Bagel Melts

Mix:
¼ c. butter at room temperature
1 T. mustard
1 t. honey
Spread onto four plain bagels
Broil one minute until golden brown.

Layer:
1 slice turkey
1 slice ham
1 slice tomato
1 slice American Cheese
Broil 1 minute. Cover with Bagel top and Serve

German Potato Salad

Friday


Salmon with Lime Basil Butter
Pomme de Terre
Sauteed Zucchini
Macaroons

Saturday

Pear and Spinach Salad with Honey Vinagrette

Sunday

Beef Bourguignon
Left over spinach salad

1 comment:

  1. Easter egg hunt with real eggs...lots of fun....have a great week...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia