Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Garden is Planted!!!

Okay, saying vegetable garden is old school… I should be fashionable and say, the kitchen garden is planted…. It sounds so much more sheeee shee. Well, the kitchen garden is planted.



Two tomato beds are done, one for eating and one for canning, (Roma’s).




Broccoli and cabbage are growing well.


Bush beans and snap peas seeds are sown.




Herbs are planted: dill, parsley, cilantro and even some leeks made their way into the herb garden.



The rest of the herbs are perennials: thyme, oregano, rosemary, lavender, chives, and sage. Look at the chives just beginning to blossom.
Two peppers have been planted. I need to add cucumbers and zucchini but the lettuce has been growing and I will add them to the lettuce bed.



I found this little bird at a yard sale for $1 and thought he would look pretty in the yard sale bird bath.



Now, it is time to weed and tend the garden. Come on summer tomatoes… I can’t wait for your delicious juiciness on a tomato sandwich!!!

3 comments:

  1. :oP yes, I am sticking my tongue out at you. You know how jealous I am of your garden! Send me some tomatoes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it looks so wonderful! I am still clearing my garden out so getting a wee bit behind with planting. Next week I should be ready!

    Can't wait to see it all grow, grow, grow! :-)

    ~Angela~

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia