How do you maintain your home? Do you have a schedule or do you call when something breaks? Do you let things go or are you proactive?
Well, I am a proactive kind of gal. I am always looking at what needs to be done and fitting it into a busy schedule.
So how do we properly maintain a home?
Since the home is clean, we have time to focus on the rest of the chores. I set monthly and yearly schedules to accomplish all the home’s dreary maintenance. I find the easiest and least stressful way is to set a schedule of items that need to be done and not think about it.
- All the filters in the home need to be changed.
- Vacuum bags need to be replaced
- Vacuuming behind fridge and freezer.
- Freezer and pantry get a quick organization and wipe down.
- They also get a once over to see what needs replenishment.
- Trash cans need to be washed out.
- Coupons are checked for expiration date.
- All the flower beds get a once over to make sure there are no weeds.
- Garage is swept and straightened.
- Dog Food is purchased and dog’s get their medication.
- I like to change the front door every month!! Do you?
The list may be a little longer but I generally keep to this list. It makes my life easier, if I know to check off all the items every month that my home is in great working order.
What is on your monthly list?