Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Monthly Home Maintenance


How do you maintain your home? Do you have a schedule or do you call when something breaks? Do you let things go or are you proactive?
Well, I am a proactive kind of gal. I am always looking at what needs to be done and fitting it into a busy schedule. 

So how do we properly maintain a home? 




Since the home is clean, we have time to focus on the rest of the chores. I set monthly and yearly schedules to accomplish all the home’s dreary maintenance. I find the easiest and least stressful way is to set a schedule of items that need to be done and not think about it.

Monthly:

  • All the filters in the home need to be changed.
  • Vacuum bags need to be replaced
  • Vacuuming behind fridge and freezer.
  • Freezer and pantry get a quick organization and wipe down.
  • They also get a once over to see what needs replenishment.
  • Trash cans need to be washed out.
  • Coupons are checked for expiration date.
  • All the flower beds get a once over to make sure there are no weeds.
  • Garage is swept and straightened.
  • Dog Food is purchased and dog’s get their medication.
  •  I like to change the front door every month!! Do you? 


 
 

 

The list may be a little longer but I generally keep to this list. It makes my life easier, if I know to check off all the items every month that my home is in great working order.


What is on your monthly list?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, how do you accomplish all of that while working? That's the part that I may never figure out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Stacey...how do you manage to keep it all done...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia