Wednesday, April 06, 2011

The most beautiful candid pictures

When I repainted this hallway, I knew that I wanted to change the family prints. The prints look haphazard and untidy. 




My favorite pictures of my children are them in casual or non-formal pictures. I also love black and white prints.

With that in mind, I uploaded some of my favorite photos of the family and created some 8 by 10 black and white prints. 



Placed in the existing black frames, these prints look absolutely lovely and are exactly the effect I wanted. Artistic and professionally looking, the pictures make me smile every time I walk by them. 
  



Even a picture with an old camera 35mm film, scanned into the computer turned out beautifully with black and white.




I love them so much, I just ordered 12 more and will find some matching black frames to flank the other side of the window.




My imagination is swirling with more lovely candid pictures of the family!!! I would love to fill the hallway, top to bottom. 





P.S. Ignore the green tape... I have trim painting to do and used frog tape. Also, yes I know the little picture doesn't have an actual photo in it. I ordered it and it is on its way.

4 comments:

  1. very clever idea...I love black and white photos...and black frames...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my kind of gallery wall too. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely perfect. I so want to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Save some space for future grandbabies! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia