Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Easter Menu

Easter dinner is one of my favorite dinners to cook. I love having a full table of friends and family eating a delicious spring meal. I tend to collect any of my friends that do not have family to eat with on this special day. My table always has room for more people. I will be asking some of my older neighbors if today if they have any plans. Do you have a friend or neighbor that may not have a place to eat for the holiday? If you do, squeeze the kids together and make a space. 




  We start with brunch. I know we will have a hungry crew after delivering six Easter Baskets and laying 10 dozen eggs in our neighborhood. Hey, being the Easter Bunny is tough work. 


Easter Brunch

Hot Cross Buns
Waffles with Maple Syrup
Fruit Salad

Next, after church, we dash home to spend a fun afternoon with friends and eat dinner. So I have to bake part of the dinner ahead of time.

Easter Dinner

Spring Salad with Strawberries, Feta, Toasted Pecans
and White Balsamic Vinaigrette

Spiral Ham with an Apricot and Dijon Glaze


Scalloped Potatoes




Roasted Asparagus with Hollandaise on the side

Spring peas with mint

Fresh Strawberry Pie
Carrot Cake




Easter is a time of renewal. For me, Easter is a day to reflect on the empty tomb and rejoice.




6 comments:

  1. Oh those cake vegetables are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynthia,
    YOur traditional Easter menu is timeless and oh, sooooo delicious!
    It is wonderful that there is room at your table for those who need a place to go for Easter!

    And I too, will never get over the AWE of the empty tomb and the risen LORD!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cynthia,
    YOur traditional Easter menu is timeless and oh, sooooo delicious!
    It is wonderful that there is room at your table for those who need a place to go for Easter!

    And I too, will never get over the AWE of the empty tomb and the risen LORD!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummmmmmy!! I am so glad that I will be there :p lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Easter table and meal looks spectacular and your cake a work of art! Happy Easter to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hubby will be firing up the man sized smoker...ribs...brisket...chicken..a Texas Easter....right now we are at 16...always room for more...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are such a treasure. Please share your thoughts, I would love your feedback.

Cynthia